Sunday 25 September 2011

It begins...


I wanted to start a blog because I always enjoyed it in the past. Plus, being in creative teams means I need somewhere to post.  =)
We are currently 21 weeks 5 days pregnant with our first child, a little boy.  The morning sickness has finally almost eased up. Unless I have fizzy drink with dinner. Then he kicks like crazy and makes me sick, haha.
How did we find out? I had been bringing up EVERYTHING (including sips of water) for around 5 weeks. I assumed it was because our oven was broken and we had been living on fried and microwaved food and so I went to the chemist to buy something to ease the nausea. Yes, I didn’t notice my period was late – it is ALWAYS late and sometimes I go months without getting it. There was also the fact that we’d never used protection for 7 months previous to falling pregnant and it never came to anything. SO it was a nice surprise. Anyway….. the chemist suggested taking a pregnancy test *just in case* as nausea meds would be harmful if I was pregnant. So we went to the closest (and very unpleasant) public toilets and here we are.
We have had 4 ultrasounds. We were 9 weeks pregnant at our first (dating scan). Then 12 weeks for our nuchal scan. At 20 weeks we had our anatomy scan. At 20 weeks +6, I was having a lot of pain (and I’m extremely paranoid) so had an extra scan to check everything was fine (apparently it was just round ligament pain).
A couple of days ago, my other half (the father) felt him kick for the first time which was fantastic as he’s been trying to feel it for weeks, haha.
Anyway, that is the background of where we are now and my first (and hopefully not last) post =)

No comments:

Post a Comment