Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

So, my new years resolution is to blog more. So here I am. While it's technically Jan 2nd for me... it's still Jan 1st for loads of other people so I'm on time with a new years post! :p

I am a terrible procrastinator. I put everything off. Constantly. But it's ok. It's no big deal. It's life. And I get it from my father. He is possibly the worlds worst procrastinator. Before this baby falls out of me, he's meant to be fixing up the nursery. Since I found out I was pregnant (at 9 weeks), Dad has been "working" on Oliver's room. There's a bit to do... however, it's not a huge job and would probably take only one day of work to be completely dumb. Yesterday, finally, he stops making excuses and gets in there. (Keep in mind we are now 36 weeks). He does one small thing (some panels across the top of the windows) and then promptly finds a reason to not carry on. So we are pretty much at square one. There is still sanding to be done, wallpapering to be done, curtains to be hung. Blah.

Everyone is talking about their one little word. I found it very hard to choose mine. It's hard to choose what your focus will be and what you want to change in a year that's already going to be so hugely different (due to becoming a mother in the next month). So my word is a simple one... an easy one: Joy. I want to find more joy in everything I do. I want to create joy for the people I love (maybe even the people I don't love, if I'm in a nice enough mood!).

Anyway, my first layout for 2012 is one about resolutions. And I love it! (I'm not usually overly thrilled with the layouts I create).


The kit used is Everyday Life from Weeds and Wildflowers/Gina Marie Huff: Elements here | Papers here. The font is GE Centurion.

Anyway, now I'm being lazy and stopping my post part way through. Go check out the new FB fan freebie from Wishing Well Creations! You'll also get to see the preview of her new upcoming collection which is AMAZING. (and I've been lucky enough to work with it already! I'm addicted!).

Possibly a freebie coming new post. I have been making acrylic alphas for my own use (because I love them but only have a couple!) so I may work up the motivation to upload and share =) Not that anyone will see this. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment